Inmates often care about each other and help each other serve their time well. When that happens, they also support each other during periods of difficulty. The answers they give to these questions can be very helpful to their fellow inmates and help him or her move ahead with their life.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR INMATES
- How do you overcome the feeling of loneliness, especially at night?
- How can you handle fellow resident’s down-days?
- When you’re having problems here, do you share them with your helpless loved one?
- How do you feel when your visiting time is over? How do you cope with these feelings?
- How can you improve your Christian outlook toward your situation?
- How do you make holidays “special” with your family?
- What suggestions can you offer on growing closer to God?
- How do you smooth arguments and irritations on the phone so I won’t feel frustrated afterwards?
- How do you keep your relationship alive when you are so far apart, for a long period of time?
- Does more contact by phone/visits help or hurt you in getting through your “time”?
- How do you make the anniversaries and birthdays of your family members “special”?
- How do you know your relationships will be strong enough to endure when you go home?
- Why should you put God first?
- How do you build trust back into a relationship?
- How do you avoid fear, anxiety, depression on a day to day basis?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS ABOUT CHILDREN
- Do you tell your kids much about your life in prison?
- How can you be a part of your child’s life?
- How do you help your child develop faith in God?
- How do you maintain your child’s positive image of you?
- How do you help your kids enjoy the holidays?
- Should your children know you are here?
- Is it wrong to let a small child grow up believing it is normal for you to be living here?
- How do you cope with being away from your family during the holidays, like Christmas?
- How can you help with the upbringing of my children?
- How do you deal with not being together through a difficult time for your family, such as a death or serious sickness?